A twist on traditional chili made with ground turkey, sweet corn and black beans mixed with Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Serve in a bowl or scooped with tortilla chips, my Tex Mex Turkey Chili will satisfy your appetite with healthy ingredients.
Tex Mex Turkey Chili is a recipe shared by one of my best friends. Served once in the Crockpot during a Sunday football get-together, it did not take much convincing for me to say that this was one of the best turkey chili recipes I had tried.
This chili recipe is lean, yet spicy if you want with *Hot* Rotel Tomatoes and green chilies and chili seasoning. I have younger ones in my family so we chose mild Rotel and chili seasoning when we did a retake at home and they loved it!
Print this recipe card with ingredients and instructions at the bottom of this post!
1 pound fresh ground turkey
2 cans (14 oz) Mexican-Style diced tomatoes ( we use Rotel and switch between mild and hot flavor)
2 can (15 oz) black beans , rinsed and drained
1 package dried chili mix (your favorite brand)
2 cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
1 cup water
*salt & pepper to taste and additional toppings like light sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese
Watch me put it all together in this video! All is well until the water bowl decides to jump in the Crockpot.
Tex Mex Turkey Chili is freezer friendly and goes well for lunch or dinner. Don’t forget to add a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkle some cheese on top for an extra delicious meal that will draw your family to the dinner table as it fills your home with such a wonderful smell!
- 1 pound fresh ground turkey
- 2 cans (14 oz) Mexican-Style diced tomatoes ( we use Rotel and switch between mild and hot flavor)
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 package dried chili mix (your favorite brand)
- 2 cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 cup water
- *salt & pepper to taste and additional toppings like light sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown ground turkey, stir occasionally to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Remove from skillet, putting directly in to Crockpot.
- Open and drain cans of corn and black beans.
- Open Rotel cans, keep juice in can.
- Put canned ingredients in Crockpot with browned turkey and mix well.
- In mixing bowl, combine 1 cup water with pre-packed chili mix. Mix with whisk until well blended and add to Crockpot.
- Cook on low in Crockpot for 2 hours and then serve.
- Serve in a bowl alongside tortilla scoops or over steamed white rice.